questions about skin import

A general forum, feel free to discuss anything related to the LPX Colorizer.
Dewdman42

Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 pm

I have successfully imported a number of free skins from https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com

Blackgold v2 is particularly nice.

Anyway a couple of them gave me problems with the pan knob, its like the picture being used is not lined up with the colored dot that moves around the edge to show the current position. One in particular is called Basix: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8c01lqa5zule ... 1.zip?dl=0

So does your skin importer import more then just colors? It appears that maybe some images are also imported, and if so, then it might make sense that some images from older versions of LPX would not line up right with 10.4. I do notice that after importing a skin, the track icons palette has a different set of icons then what I had there originally. I was kind of under the impression that skin import only imports the colors..but please clarify..

Dewdman42

Fri May 18, 2018 12:18 am

So it looks to me like if LPXColorizer imports a skin, then it does not convert it to a format that would be suitable for exporting a colorizer theme. Many, but not all, skins have images involved and it looks like LPXColorizer actually makes sure to import those too. IT basically just does the task that most people used to have to do by hand by copying stuff into the Resources folder, and keeps a backup. Great so far...

That being said..some of the skins I found and imported really came out nice... a lot of the times just because they had very nice color choices. I could care less about custom images.

It would be really helpful if we could export a color-only theme from any skin we have imported...which would ignore the images.

Also, I notice that sometimes when colorizing from one skin to another, some of the images don't get replaced by the second skin. I think you should make sure to restore LPX to the Default state in the process of importing a new skin, in order to ensure it starts with a clean slate and doesn't end up with any images from the previous skin.

Dewdman42

Fri May 18, 2018 12:20 am

If anyone knows any other good sources for free skins that work with LPX Colorizer, would be great to find out about them. I'm too too terribly happy with most of the native color only themes, I just don't like the color choices that have often been used. Some of the other skins out there have never nice color choices...and would make great native themes....even if the images are stripped out in many cases I think, some might need a little tweaking

cradmin
Site Admin

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Dewdman42 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 pm
So does your skin importer import more then just colors?
Yes it also import the SKINS images and also create an lpxt file or "color profile" based on that skin color values.

cradmin
Site Admin

Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Dewdman42 wrote:

It would be really helpful if we could export a color-only theme from any skin we have imported...which would ignore the images.
I am currently working on color profile export of SKINS as an .lpxt file
Dewdman42 wrote:

Also, I notice that sometimes when colorizing from one skin to another, some of the images don't get replaced by the second skin. I think you should make sure to restore LPX to the Default state in the process of importing a new skin, in order to ensure it starts with a clean slate and doesn't end up with any images from the previous skin.
This will check will be also implemented in the V 1.4.1

thx

Return to “Forum”